Thursday, April 17, 2008

Gearing Up


So are you all up on Buster Martin? He participated in the London Marathon a few days ago. And be he 101 or 94 years of age (click on his name for more info on the age dispute) he was able to successfully complete the race! If I was wearing a hat it would be off to him. He has been on my mind a lot lately as I'm gearing up for the Frisco to Ft. Worth MS150 ride. I'm really starting to get nervous about it. I'm just not in the same shape I was when I rode two years ago in the MS150 Bike to the Bay. And this event takes place rain or shine (or gale force winds) in just two weeks! I keep thinking if Buster could run his run then surely at more than half his age I should be able to ride my ride. To be quite honest with you, I think running 26+ miles would be much harder than riding 150+ on a bike - but that's just me (mind you, I won't be stopping for a beer and cigarette like Buster did). Keep me in your prayers that I can a get a couple more rides in before the big day and that I'll be able to complete the whole thing. I'm also no where near the minimum donation amount required. If you've been thinking about sponsoring me, think no more! You can donate through the link on the side bar. You'll be helping someone with MS live a better life. If you've already donated, a huge thank you goes out to you!

No comments: