Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Gift Idea

Just in case you were wondering what to get me for Christmas this year, I thought I'd give you a hint...

I would be thrilled to pieces if a Vernon Kilns Green Transferware Vintage TEXAS State Souvenir plate showed up on my doorstep. I have one for each state we've lived in (I'm hoping to keep my collection to a minimum!). I let one of these slip by on an Ebay auction this past August so the hunt is on. Texans are proud and like their state stuff so I think I'm going to have a tough time finding one here. Let me know if you spot one in your area.

3 comments:

Charley & Marianne said...

okay, its me again! there is a website, www.kovels.com and they have this plate I think! I typed it in the search box! Love ya!

ginger said...

It's good to know someone is looking out for me! I've been there, done that. Kovels just offers pricing guidelines for collectibles. I wonder if 1st Mondays in Canton would be a good place to look?

Anonymous said...

HI! Everything looks great. Have you ever seen the fake snow. Throw some on the tree and it makes it look festive and a bit less green. Put some red bows on the tree and your set. Your mantel needs some green. Swag some green garland behind the stocking holders and add some candle holders in diferent sizes with some long candles. Add some ribbon and you'll have one beautiful fireplace. Put some garland on the staircase with some beads wrapped around it and ribbon and will brighten things up.Pretty much add ribon to anything and it makes it look pretty. Happy decorating.

Hope this helps.
Love,
Dorothy